BABL+Dodgeball schedule for rest of the league

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Beer Hunter

BABL+Dodgeball schedule for rest of the league

Post by Beer Hunter »

Hello DSB!

Here's the BABL & Dodgeball schedule for the regular season. First the squads play BABL game, then proceed to dodgeball arena to play a Dodgeball game. Seperate rankings for both leagues, although same teams. Downies has merged with Nub Factor so from now on all squads play every weekend.

July 22nd
17:00GMT (1pm EST) Nub Factor vs Everglaze
18:00GMT (2pm EST) Vuohet vs EZs
19:00GMT (3pm EST) Wookiees vs Crusaders

July 29th
17:00GMT (1pm EST) Nub Factor vs Crusaders
18:00GMT (2pm EST) EZs vs Everglaze
19:00GMT (3pm EST) Wookiees vs Vuohet

August 5th
17:00GMT (1pm EST) Vuohet vs Nub Factor
18:00GMT (2pm EST) Wookiees vs EZs
19:00GMT (3pm EST) Everglaze vs Crusaders

Remember to show up!

-Beer Hunter

Tembest

Re: BABL+Dodgeball schedule for rest of the league

Post by Tembest »

Did you ask for preferences or why are the timeslots so unfairly divided?

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Yep the schedule is heavily based on when squads can show, we prefer to have the games played.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Yea, of course. I just wanted to ask if you have asked for preferences because otherwise it would've been very unfair.
I don't think Mag asked any of us for our preferences though...

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Situation A: Some squads have scheduled games for their players for several zones, which means their players really are occupied during other timeslots, which grants them "special" status to be scheduled for xx.xx timeslot only. (You can imagine captain of Nub Factor running behind us in DSB with an axe.. and calendar. Which one will be swinging, axe or pen, will be decided by the schedule).

Situation B: If circumstances in A are not met or told to us, we assume the squad can show up to more than just one timeslot. Basically some squads need to have ability to play at least two different timeslots or this league will take ages.

Notes: We've monitored squads, their activity and show up numbers on all the timeslots so we try to be aware when the squad can get best show up and try to fit their name to that timeslot, if possible.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Beer Hunter wrote:Notes: We've monitored squads, their activity and show up numbers on all the timeslots so we try to be aware when the squad can get best show up and try to fit their name to that timeslot, if possible.
Which timeslot is this for Crus?

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

Basically any timeslot: Crusaders, Everglaze, Vuohet, Wookiees
These squads have pulled off good show ups any time(3 or +), however 18-19GMT seems best for them.

Restricted: Nub Factor, EZs
More focus on Nubs, they play many zones, prefer early timeslots atm. EZs shows vary but need more attention anyhow.

We could argue this of course, 18GMT still seems to be the king of the timeslots, nearly everybody are online then. 19GMT best for US based squads/players who dont want to get up early.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

I'm curious how have you monitored this? I think it's just a hunch of yours.
Take for example Crus, no one has approached the squad and asked for any preferences.

Crus has played only one round of babl + db. The league before that was always 18GMT.
Most squads have played two rounds of babl + db. Even after two rounds, you have nothing
you can judge preferred timeslots from, absolutely nothing. I'm not saying you should. I'm
saying it's annoying you claim you are, even though the case is that you are simply trying to
let the worse squads play whenever they want while the rest suffer. That's alright for me,
but why on earth can't you just say it? Why can't you say the worst squads are allowed to
choose their timeslots over other squads?

Next league just announce squad x will get to choose their preferred timeslot first and so on.
Don't claim you've been monitoring something when you have had nothing to collect data
from. My whole post in brief: When the community is still small, don't try to make things look
prettier than they are, or in general, lie to them.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

We're doing our best, we can argue this as long as needed but let me give you an example. If Cru failed to show up, lets say at 19GMT, I am fairly certain you'd never be scheduled there again. Because that simply shows Cru cant show at 19GMT and we'd be forced to "favor" you a bit as well by giving you earlier timeslots.

Worst squads do not dictate anything, they simply need the attention so we can ensure we have 6 squads in this league! Same attention will be given to any squad if they have problems with show ups or have other obligations (as a squad) which could possibly make it impossible to show up on some timeslot.

Remember, we can let every squad have their own special timeslot when game happens, but that means we cant have more than 1 or 2 games every Sunday. That's why somebody has to be able to show up to more than just one timeslot.

Monitoring the show ups, well I am nearly always there when a game is about to begin so yes its based on a hunch. But also the BABL statistics, as in the scoresheets, prove if both squads had 3 or 3+, I never said any exact numbers above that.

You could continue asking me privately because this is turning into a conversation (trollish) rather than forum discussion.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

I was merely offering a piece of advice. Instead of claiming to know the suitable times for each
squad you could have just told the truth. The schedule is that way to ensure squads with worse
shows ups (this far, after 2 rounds, some 1 game) could show up. The squads that have been
able to show up with three this far are not paid attention to because you assume eg. Crus can
show up at any time because they were able to show up with 5 on one Sunday at 19GMT.
Coincidence? Who knows? You don't. I don't.

Sorry for the long way to get there but the schedule wasn't really what any of my posts were
about...

I'm simply asking you to be direct and honest to people. We don't have newbies who might want
to hear some pretty words on forums. We all want the zone to survive and want to know what's
going on. I'm telling you, none of the truthful shit you say on forums will drive anyone away.

We don't have to go any further with this, or we can continue it in private as you said. The
reason I'm posting it here is that you're not the only one doing it. All of us who were part of the
"old staff" are used to writing bullshit and keeping people in dark because someone expected that
from us. I've been saying the same thing for years, just be honest and open to people who have
proven their loyalty already. They are playing a practically dead zone that has shown no signs of
revival. There's nothing you can say to make it worse, except lie.