Back Alley Brawl (BABL) starting soon!

Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Beer Hunter

Back Alley Brawl (BABL) starting soon!

Post by Beer Hunter »

Hello DSB players, old and new!

We have two interesting summer leagues starting on the first weekends of July. The first one is BABL (=Back Alley Brawl League) which is 3-5vs3-5 man game (3 optimum, 5 maximum), played in a small box with one flag. The one who holds the flag for 5 minutes first, is the winner. BABL game consists of 3 rounds; takes 2 round wins to win a game. So if after 2 rounds the game is tied up 1-1, 3rd round will be played to figure out the winner.

You have an option to have lesser than 3 players: you can use 2 but when you do, your opponent is allowed to have 3. This is one man advantage so obviously this should happen only if your squad has poor show up, but you will still have a chance to try.

Maximum roster size will be 15. The maps for BABL will be different each weekend. Staff has maps in storage and we will randomly pick different map each weekend, also there will be a vote for the best map to be used in play-offs/finals.

The registration for BABL is open: type ?go bab in game and then pm the BAB-Bot with !squadlist to figure out squads and then you can simply type !requestjoin squadname to join a squad or !createsquad squadname to create a squad.

The BABL will begin on Sunday July 1st at 18:00GMT (2pm EST).

-Beer Hunter

Tembest

Re: Back Alley Brawl (BABL) starting soon!

Post by Tembest »

Scheduled BABL is not a very good idea I believe. The match lasts like 10-15 minutes.
It worked somewhat alright when we had a main league running and babl was played
before the main league matches. But will I remember/be interested in showing up to
play for 10 minutes a week on a Sunday? I don't think so.

Detector

Post by Detector »

Scheduled BABL is not a very good idea I believe. The match lasts like 10-15 minutes. It worked somewhat alright when we had a main league running and babl was played before the main league matches. But will I remember/be interested in showing up to
play for 10 minutes a week on a Sunday? I don't think so.
I think that scheduled BABL would be better to have than having nothing. Since activity isnt high by players on the weekdays anyway, who would play an automated BABL? Not only would I show up to my BABL match on a sunday, but I would maybe watch the other BABL match or matches there would be on a sunday.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

I never said automated babl would work any better.
Just that I really don't see people showing up for a scheduled 10 minutes match of burst rocket
repel mine fest if that's the only reason they're supposed to show up.

Tembest

Post by Tembest »

Beer Hunter wrote:The BABL will begin on Sunday July 1st at 18:00GMT (2pm EST).
Besides, Euro 2012 FINAL kicks off at 18:45 GMT on 1 July.

wo

Post by wo »

July 1 is also Canada day

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Another scheduling blunder. Wasn't there a scheduled match during the WC final too?

I certainly won't be playing. It's too soon since the last BABL, so I'm not interesting in another. All effort should be going into pub themes now anyway.
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Matioso

Post by Matioso »

Im in but prolly watching those finals tho. Anything to keep our activity up is bonus

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

We'll discuss this in our dark secret chamber and let you know later if we will postpone the start of BABL for football. :shock:

kemi

Post by kemi »

Beer Hunter wrote:We'll discuss this in our dark secret chamber and let you know later if we will postpone the start of BABL for football. :shock:
Well it's either reschedule now, or reschedule after noone shows up.

Rather easy choice :)