Moderators: Beer Hunter, Tembest, Entr0py

Fly Swatter

Re: Re-Organizing DSB

Post by Fly Swatter »

I'll find someone else then.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

Exactly what i expected from this kiddie zone. "WHAT FALC your not my slave? You don't do what I want? Then your not fit for dev team." Sorry to break it to you retards, but Dev doesn't mean I bend over and take it in the ass just because your Sysop or your name is Beer Hunter. All dev means is that I dev, and I don't need permission to dev, and I don't need to dev everything you tell me either.

Fly leaves the conversation with no explanation why the map I already made won't work. Why he can't get the rectangles to work if it's going to be one sector at a time? Why if there is a good explanation for that, we can't just eliminate West from the map?

How about you shove the excuses up your ass, and send me the bot, I'll do it myself.

Fly Swatter

Post by Fly Swatter »

You did a good job on the map and i hosted it for you. You deliver anything better then we currently have, and i will host that for you aswell. Pub, events, league, website, forum, anything. The forum you did wasnt very good imo, and dont see how its worth my time.

If you want Ent's prac bot, ask Ent, but I dont see how that would be easier then just coding a new one from scratch.

-Fly

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

We are talking about the prac in pub map i made, which wasn't hosted, not the pub theme maps.

The forums are good, but its dependent on the service I'm using. I can switch services and make a better forum. It was also only a 5 hour job. Mostly 5 hours because of making and finding buttons online that go on a black background. Give me a week and i'll make something better which is more than I can say about these shit forums, or dsb staff. Anything is better than sitting on your ass. Also if you have an issue with the forums all it takes is communicating that issue so I can fix it. See the difference between me and you retards is a willingness to actually make things better for the zone.

I would like to ask ent for his bot. Maybe he will wake the fuck up, since you are incapable of making him active or getting his attention.

Entr0py

Post by Entr0py »

I am in the process of cleaning up some of these messed up winR's. I tried a few times in the past to fix the bug, without success. It seems to be caused by some sort of divide by 0 error when the ratings of the two teams are too uneven, but I haven't been successful yet in finding the root cause.

Entr0py

Post by Entr0py »

Update - the rating stats are cleaned up, and I deployed a patch that will *hopefully* keep that rating bug from happening again.

Matioso

Post by Matioso »

Wow, ent :D

jim the chin

Post by jim the chin »

Entr0py wrote:Update - the rating stats are cleaned up, and I deployed a patch that will *hopefully* keep that rating bug from happening again.
That's a start! Please could we reset the stats and start another league though? I've made some suggestions on the other thread, as well as pointing out a couple of other things that need correcting.
Please delete this account. I want nothing to do with this place any more.

Beer Hunter

Post by Beer Hunter »

jim the chin wrote:
Entr0py wrote:Update - the rating stats are cleaned up, and I deployed a patch that will *hopefully* keep that rating bug from happening again.
That's a start! Please could we reset the stats and start another league though? I've made some suggestions on the other thread, as well as pointing out a couple of other things that need correcting.
We're working towards a full reset, shouldn't take too long to get it done.

falconeer

Post by falconeer »

Sad thing is I predicted after 3 months of jerking around, instead of finding someone who would be active, Ent would just come back and waste everyone's time when he likely can't be active or do anything anymore. Basically going to last 1-6 months, and then we'll be back at square one. Hopefully it wont be a repeat of disappearing without giving people access to everything.

Ent sorry to say but your rating system is shit. Vanish is rated number one because he has 300 practice wins. That's not what I call a skill based rating system. How can Individual skill be based on wins in TEAM game? Skill is all about kills, bell flags, Assists, ratio, and generally in that order. It has to be measured in two ways. Against the other team, and against your own team. If I fight Vanish, Makron, and Kemi in east. And my team consists of Eridu, Myself, and Sulla. And I get 30-25 rec, with decent bell flags. But my team gets 10-43 scores. Do you know what this means? It means my individual skill far surpasses the team I was playing with, and despite constant lock outs, I maintained a high kill rate and barely negged. I should be given tons of rating points. NOT lose points just because my team lost. So Vanish stacks teams and he gets highest rating. I wonder of the 300 games what the percentage is that had makron on his team? 50%? It's a joke. Also not all of us can practice 300 times in 1 week like Vanish can. So a rating based on wins is also based on the amount of time I have to do alot of practices.

You also need to redesign the bot to auto make teams. Once it actually has a good rating system in place. It will always put the two greatest players with best ratings on opposite teams. So makron can Vanish could never play together. It would also put the two worst players on opposite teams. So Eridu and someone else as bad will never play on the same team. You can also input a ?squad option so people can play squad vs squad, or make their own teams. But it will hardly be used. Not many people want stacked teams. It's a borefest for pros, and a torture for noobs. People want even teams so they can have fun. And if the bot is basing teams on ratings it gives, it means the rating will be even more accurate since stacked teams don't exist. As time passes the ratings get better and better.